Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Neither Beauty




nor scope are apparent. It was nice enough to pull over and snap, it was splashing enormously on the horizon. Oh well...time was ticking...

I cropped the "Nice Fish" photos to get my mug out of them. Otherwise it has been some time since I have taken the time to crop a photo. (I should take a look now that I am on the 'puter to check, Jimmy sent several that I should put up now,) the spider snaps had both cropped and uncropped (correction they looked cropped,) but the best were snipped I think. I should point this out for anyone who is interested, and I should organize my photos too. I have enjoyed taking photos enormously, it was a fantastic Christmas present. The Alaska photos were all taken on a Pentax 35 mm point and shoot that was a wonderful gift from years ago (some were on my sisters Sony.) I notice myself taking fewer photos when I know I can crop them later but I think real life is distracting me...pesky world yanking wonder out from under...but when you click on the photo and it blows up to large scale and is clear it is likely not cropped...kind of more of a challenge? But it's all luck anyway so I should snap more...mostly luck, when I try harder they come out better most often.

If I purchased a camera now I would definately pay attention to image stabilizers (I hear it can save a quick photo like ABS can save a short stop) shutter lag and megs--cropping is definately fun to poke through photos for, like prospecting. The SLR's look really fun.

Wow do I need some info no computer time is a pain...had the chance to play with an iphone on wifi and it was superb, the owner said the problems on the ATT cell connection for safari are overplayed but they may be deep in the new toy phase.

Will update myself and update this...caught the Sunday Times snippet of the Land Sloth/Mapinguary stinky spin-inducing Amazon monster though, it's all official now...and Piranha in the Carolinas. Can't vouch for this though...Smithsonian weaner-I'm sorry, "weener" loss would be just the type of news to get quashed...I say it's true, now that I think of it.

I do know that a piranha was caught in a Fairfield pond some years ago, can't find it quickly but read it in the paper so it must have been true (yup. right.) That makes me want to enrage myself looking for links and updates to the Snakehead disaster--that just hurts to read--- but I should check my email for now...

(Update: I just scooted back a ways and I think that the give away is the Picasa symbol for the cropped shots, it's easy to crop and post from Picasa because it is Google owned and links through Blogger easily.)

No comments: